Searching...

Ads

Friday 28 August 2015

beans, tomato and raisins bruschetta



The first time I made this beans, tomato and raisins bruschetta was for a last-minute dinner one night for my family. We’ve been out and about all day and had only few minutes to make dinner.

In this simple recipe, spices of lightly toasted baguette slices are rubbed with garlic and topped with a quick mix of beans, tomatoes and raisins. I love this combo! You get the buttery white beans (I prefer butter beans but cannellini work just as well), chunky tomato sauce and sweet raisins!

Some of you might wonder why add the raisins. Because the plum, sweet raisins are the best part!
I don’t know about you, but for me, no matter what type of tomatoes I’m using (fresh or canned) my tomato sauce turns out either tart or acid. Since I don’t like the idea of adding sugar to it, I add something even better! Something #sweetnaturally. California raisins!

Ingredients
  • 1 baguette, sliced and slightly toasted
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cans (14 oz) butter or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup California Raisins
  • salt and pepper

Instructions
  • Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium flame.
  • Add the chopped onion and cook until softened.
  • Add the beans, diced tomatoes and raisins and cook for 5-10 minutes until the tomatoes are simmering and the beans are warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Remove from the heat.
  • Run the toasted baguette slices with the garlic clove and spoon some of the beans, tomato and raisins mixture over the slices.
  • Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle some freshly cracked black pepper (optional)
  • Serve warm.





Source -here-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!