Searching...

Ads

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Spicy Shrimp Sandwich with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise



I will be the first one to admit that I am not a huge sandwich person. Ryan loves them. He loves sub sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, roast beef sandwiches, meatloaf sandwiches, meatball sandwiches…I could go on and on. I on the other hand am not a huge fan. With that said, I will admit that after making and eating this sandwich I dreamed about it and craved it for the next few days. The spicy shrimp, the creamy chipotle avocado mayonnaise, the crunchy bread and crisp lettuce is enough to make anyone a sandwich fan.



Avocados alone are pretty creamy so I was a little hesitant to mix them with mayonnaise but seriously, the result was like avocado heaven. And when I decided to add some spicy chipotle peppers it was like laying on a sun soaked beach in that avocado heaven. I won’t lie, I may have eaten a spoonful. Hey, it was just a quality check. Yeah…that’s it.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/2 pound medium shrimp (about 20 shrimp) peeled and deveined
  • 1 avocado, pitted and diced
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 chipotle pepper
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 french rolls
  • 4 romaine lettuce leaves

Instructions:
Combine cumin, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, chili powder and olive oil together in a bowl. Place shrimp in the bowl and toss to coat.
Combine avocado, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
Place shrimp in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Toast rolls, if desired. Spread chipotle avocado mayonnaise on the roll. Place lettuce leaves on the bottom half of the roll and place 10 shrimp on each sandwich.

Serve.

Source -Here-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!