Searching...

Ads

Saturday 8 August 2015

Breakfast Sandwich with Spinach and Fried Egg


I recently discovered that spinach and eggs goes really well together..I can assure you that mixing eggs with spinach makes the humble spinach more tasty..Just scramble some eggs and spinach together and this makes a good filling for burritos,rotis and many more..I will make the perfect scrambled spinach eggs soon in another one post...Usually sautéing tomatoes and spinach in olive oil makes those veggies more healthier,Don’t ask me why,because I don’t know(he he)..But I have heard this many times..If any of you know the answer,please share with me,I would love to hear.I think that this sandwich is perfect for breakfast,since it is rich in minerals...I added the spinach in whole,but you could always chop it and add...Hope you all will give it a try and let me know what you think..
Ingrediants:
Bread slices-2
Spinach-2 cups
Egg-1
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Olive oil-1 tblspn


Method:
Toast your bread slices by applying butter on both sides till crispy..
Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the spinach for about 3-4 min by which tme the spinach will be completely wilted and cooked.Season with salt and pepper and set aside in a bowl.
Wipe the pan with a paper towel and add some more oil in it..
Crack a egg carefully in a small bowl and drop it in the hot pan.Let it cook on a slow flame for about 3-4 min..Season with salt and pepper.
Now assemble the sandwich by placing a generous spoonful of spinach over the toasted bread and add the fried egg over this.Cover it with the other slice.
Cut it in half and enjoy..



Source here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!